Belgium-based retailer Delhaize is to sell its Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's chains in the US to Winn-Dixie owner Bi-Lo. The move could reduc...
Before Christmas, US retailer Bi-Lo announced a deal to buy local peer Winn-Dixie Stores, creating an organisation of almost 700 grocery sto...
A&P's descent into Chapter 11 protection has taken few in the US retail sector by surprise but what does the future hold for the historic gr...
Shares in Winn-Dixie suffered yesterday (28 July) after the US retailer announced plans to close 30 "under-performing" stores in a bid to lo...
Southeastern Grocers, the parent company of US chains Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie, registered an increase in sales and earnings during the first nine months of the year.
US retailer Bi-Lo is to hold on to the Harvey's banner but discard Sweetbay and Reid's once it closes its deal to buy the chains from Delhaize Group.
The owner of US retail chains Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie plans to list the business as Southeastern Grocers.
US regional supermarket operator Bi-Lo has remained silent over reports it is planning an initial public offering later this year.
This week saw the high levels of M&A activity we have seen throughout May continue, with the shock announcement that the board of US pork group Smithfield has given its unanimous backing to a takeover bid from Chinese pork group Shuanghui International.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- UPDATE: Cutrale, Safra slam Chiquita rejection