Belgium-based retailer Delhaize is to sell its Sweetbay, Harveys and Reid's chains in the US to Winn-Dixie owner Bi-Lo. The move could reduc...
Before Christmas, US retailer Bi-Lo announced a deal to buy local peer Winn-Dixie Stores, creating an organisation of almost 700 grocery sto...
A&P's descent into Chapter 11 protection has taken few in the US retail sector by surprise but what does the future hold for the historic gr...
Shares in Winn-Dixie suffered yesterday (28 July) after the US retailer announced plans to close 30 "under-performing" stores in a bid to lo...
Southeastern Grocers, the parent company of US chains Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie, registered an increase in sales and earnings during the first nine months of the year.
US retailer Bi-Lo is to hold on to the Harvey's banner but discard Sweetbay and Reid's once it closes its deal to buy the chains from Delhaize Group.
The owner of US retail chains Bi-Lo and Winn-Dixie plans to list the business as Southeastern Grocers.
US regional supermarket operator Bi-Lo has remained silent over reports it is planning an initial public offering later this year.
This week saw the high levels of M&A activity we have seen throughout May continue, with the shock announcement that the board of US pork group Smithfield has given its unanimous backing to a takeover bid from Chinese pork group Shuanghui International.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- FrieslandCampina to form "dairy zones" in Vietnam
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters