UK cheddar maker Wyke Farms hopes to quadruple the size of its international business over the next four years. For a premium company with some significant long-term ambitions, growing overseas is an increasingly important strategy as Wyke grapples with a highly price-sensitive UK market. Katy Askew speaks to Wyke MD Richard Clothier.
Wyke Farms, the independent UK dairy firm, has carved a place among the country's largest cheese makers and is now looking to expand internationally. In this month's Just the Answer, Dean Best spoke to managing director Richard Clothier about how Wyke has grown at home and its ambitions abroad.
The boss of UK cheese maker Wyke Farms has called for a "new dawn" in trading relationships between dairy farmers, processors and retailers in the country after a period of turbulent milk prices.
Wyke Farms has said it is "disappointed" that Morrisons has cancelled its meeting to discuss a de-listing by the UK retailer of its cheddar range.
The UK could be facing a milk shortage in the next six months if processors and retailers fail to support dairy farmers facing the "double whammy" of price pressure and failing feed crops, Wyke Farms managing director Richard Clothier has warned.
UK independent dairy firm Wyke Farms has said that it is hoping to secure a more permanent listing with Wal-Mart Stores in the US this year.
UK cheese-maker Wyke Farms has insisted its namesake brand is going from "strength to strength" as the business trims distribution and head office jobs.
UK cheese maker Wyke Farms is looking to drive growth at home and overseas by investing in innovation and brand building.
Wyke Farms, the UK cheese maker, is set to sell its cheddar in the US after signing a deal with a local distributor.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry