Probiotics, the food phenomenon sceptical campaigners love to hate, are back in the news....
Commodity costs may not be reaching the levels seen in 2007 but there are signs of growing pressure on food manufacturers. In this month's j...
The much-awaited campylobacter tests on supermarket chicken in the UK were published this week. On the mergers and acquisitions side, Abraaj raised its bid yet again for Bisco Misr. Conversely, Danone was reported to be mulling a sale of its shares in the Yakult business and Kerry Group was reportedly looking to offload its frozen ready-meals arm in the UK. Meanwhile, Ireland's Greencore published some strong annual results. Here is the week in quotes.
Danone is reportedly weighing up whether to sell its 20% stake in Japanese group Yakult.
The Indonesian unit of Japanese probiotic drinks giant Yakult has confirmed it will expand its production facility in East Java to meet growing demand in the country.
Yakult has lifted its forecasts for annual sales and earnings after an increase in revenue and profits in the Japanese group's second quarter.
Franck Riboud is to step down as CEO of Danone after 18 years at the helm of the French food giant. just-food takes a look at the highs and lows of Riboud's tenure.
Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd. (2267) - Financial and Strategic SWO
Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd. (2267) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Yakult Honsha Co Ltd in Packaged Food (Japan)
Yakult Honsha aims to increase its global sales to an average of 36.5 million bottles per day in 2020, and achieve ¥500 billion in annual sales and ¥50 billion operating income. In order to achieve th...
Yoghurt and Sour Milk Products in Japan
Following significant growth in the previous year, yoghurt and sour milk products is expected to continue to grow by 6% in current value terms in 2013. The review of the health benefits of yoghurt, wh...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits