Probiotics, the food phenomenon sceptical campaigners love to hate, are back in the news....
Commodity costs may not be reaching the levels seen in 2007 but there are signs of growing pressure on food manufacturers. In this month's j...
Japanese probiotics group Yakult has established its first US manufacturing facility in Fountain Valley, California.
The latest batch of reports from the just-food research store includes trends and developments in the Mexican dairy sector, snack foods in the US, and frozen food production in China.
Dairy's top five emerging markets, the outlook for convenience stores around the world and the performance of Whole Foods Market and European hypermarket operator Kaufland are among the topics featured in this week's just-food research round-up.
First-quarter profits have jumped at probiotics group Yakult on the back of higher sales at home and abroad.
A TV ad for Yakult yoghurt drink has been banned by the UK's advertising watchdog for implying health benefits that were not supported by an approved health claim.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning