Probiotics, the food phenomenon sceptical campaigners love to hate, are back in the news....
Commodity costs may not be reaching the levels seen in 2007 but there are signs of growing pressure on food manufacturers. In this month's j...
Japanese probiotics group Yakult has established its first US manufacturing facility in Fountain Valley, California.
The latest batch of reports from the just-food research store includes trends and developments in the Mexican dairy sector, snack foods in the US, and frozen food production in China.
Dairy's top five emerging markets, the outlook for convenience stores around the world and the performance of Whole Foods Market and European hypermarket operator Kaufland are among the topics featured in this week's just-food research round-up.
First-quarter profits have jumped at probiotics group Yakult on the back of higher sales at home and abroad.
A TV ad for Yakult yoghurt drink has been banned by the UK's advertising watchdog for implying health benefits that were not supported by an approved health claim.
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- On the money: Hershey confident in NPD pipeline
- Chobani bid for fresh UK appeal rejected
- Kellogg to close US snack plant
- Danone takes Mars yoghurts into more markets
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS
- 2 Sisters "passes" FSA poultry plant audits