There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
Zetar's decision to accept a bid from Germany's Zertus raised eyebrows but the UK confectioner and snack firm, frustrated at not being able...
UK confectioner Kinnerton has entered into a licensing deal with Unilever that will see ice cream brands including Magnum and Cornetto launched into confectionery.
The IGD's annual convention attracts the leading executives from the UK FMCG sector and last week they heard the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz discuss the economy, multichannel strategies, labelling and innovation. Elsewhere, Wal-Mart outlined its expansion plans for next year, Mars called on the chocolate sector to co-operate more on sustainable cocoa (which it said would cost billions) and Kellogg revealed the possible financial impact of its latest recall.
This week, the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convened in London for the IGD's annual convention where the likes of Philip Clarke, Justin King and Marc Bolland discussed the key issues facing the industry. Elsewhere, William Jackson Food Group expressed its delight at securing ownership of Abel & Cole, German food company Zertus bought confectioner Zetar, while Paramount Foods went into the hands of administrators.
German food company Zertus has struck a deal to buy UK confectioner and snack firm Zetar.
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)