There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
Zetar's decision to accept a bid from Germany's Zertus raised eyebrows but the UK confectioner and snack firm, frustrated at not being able...
| 3 Apr 2013
UK confectioner Kinnerton has entered into a licensing deal with Unilever that will see ice cream brands including Magnum and Cornetto launched into confectionery.
| 15 Oct 2012
The IGD's annual convention attracts the leading executives from the UK FMCG sector and last week they heard the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz discuss the economy, multichannel strategies, labelling and innovation. Elsewhere, Wal-Mart outlined its expansion plans for next year, Mars called on the chocolate sector to co-operate more on sustainable cocoa (which it said would cost billions) and Kellogg revealed the possible financial impact of its latest recall.
| 15 Oct 2012
This week, the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convened in London for the IGD's annual convention where the likes of Philip Clarke, Justin King and Marc Bolland discussed the key issues facing the industry. Elsewhere, William Jackson Food Group expressed its delight at securing ownership of Abel & Cole, German food company Zertus bought confectioner Zetar, while Paramount Foods went into the hands of administrators.
| 8 Oct 2012
German food company Zertus has struck a deal to buy UK confectioner and snack firm Zetar.
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Pricing, productivity pay off for Mondelez
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Mondelez profits down but gives guidance boost
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio