New Zealand-based produce supplier Zespri is to boost the production area in Europe for its SunGold kiwifruit to meet what it said is increasing demand.
Produce group Zespri will start a search process to select a new chief executive officer next year with a view to having the appointee in the post by the beginning of 2018.
Zespri, the kiwifruit supplier, is to open an office in California in a bid to fuel its growth in North America.
New Zealand-based produce groups T&G and Zespri are to work together to try to grow their businesses in south-east Asia.
After five years negotiations, 12 Pacific Rim countries - including the US, Japan, Australia and New Zealand - have struck a deal that will reduce tariffs and trade barriers in the region.
Kiwifruit supplier Zespri International has touted the potential it sees to grow sales in south-east Asia after opening an office in Singapore that will seek to boost its presence in the region.
Mission Foods owner Gruma, fellow Mexican group Industrias Bachoco and US infant formula business Abbott were among the companies reporting second-quarter numbers this week. Elsewhere, US egg supplier Cal-Maine Foods and kiwifruit supplier Zespri provided figures for their full financial years.
New Zealand kiwifruit supplier, Zespri, has announced the appointment of Simon Limmer to the newly-created role of COO and named David Hazelhurst as CFO.
New Zealand kiwifruit grower Zespri has announced the launch of SunGold kiwifruit in India.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery