There were, despite continued economic uncertainty in many Western markets and concerns over slowing growth in the East, signs that M&A acti...
Zetar's decision to accept a bid from Germany's Zertus raised eyebrows but the UK confectioner and snack firm, frustrated at not being able...
UK confectioner and snack firm Zetar today (18 July) indicated it sees its sales increasing by 20% of the next three years on the back of NP...
UK confectioner Zetar plans to grow its "everyday" sales, reducing the firm's dependency on seasonal revenues....
UK confectioner Kinnerton has entered into a licensing deal with Unilever that will see ice cream brands including Magnum and Cornetto launched into confectionery.
The IGD's annual convention attracts the leading executives from the UK FMCG sector and last week they heard the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz discuss the economy, multichannel strategies, labelling and innovation. Elsewhere, Wal-Mart outlined its expansion plans for next year, Mars called on the chocolate sector to co-operate more on sustainable cocoa (which it said would cost billions) and Kellogg revealed the possible financial impact of its latest recall.
This week, the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convened in London for the IGD's annual convention where the likes of Philip Clarke, Justin King and Marc Bolland discussed the key issues facing the industry. Elsewhere, William Jackson Food Group expressed its delight at securing ownership of Abel & Cole, German food company Zertus bought confectioner Zetar, while Paramount Foods went into the hands of administrators.
German food company Zertus has struck a deal to buy UK confectioner and snack firm Zetar.
Zetar has said its licensing deal with Unilever to produce and sell Marmite nuts forms part of its plan to increase sales by 20% over the next three years.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- H1 profits down at dairy group FrieslandCampina
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV