The food business blog from Dean Best
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dean Best.
A mobile app that claims to be the "most comprehensive food-rating database available" to US consumers has raised the hackles of the country's food manufacturers...
Just weeks after announcing a purchasing tie-up in France with local rival Systeme U, Auchan has outlined an international agreement with Germany's Metro Group...
Liz Truss, the UK's recently-appointed Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, went on a whistlestop tour of the country's exhibitors at the SIAL trade show in Paris yesterday, before pledging more help for businesses looking to expand abroad...
SIAL opens in Paris 19 Oct 14
It is an unseasonably mild and bright morning here in Paris as this year's SIAL expo gets under away. Will the mood of exhibitors match the sunnier weather?..
Raisio, the Finland-based food group, is to lower the sugar content of UK cereal brand Sugar Puffs - and at the same time remove the ingredient from the product's name...
The World Cocoa Foundation, an industry body including some of the world's largest chocolate manufacturers, is to reveal details of their support for the fight against Ebola in west Africa...
Last call: win an iPad mini on just-food 13 Oct 14
There is still time to contribute to just-food's readership survey and, in doing so, put yourself in with a chance to win an iPad mini on us...
How can just-food work for you? 6 Oct 14
Now's your chance to tell us. We are running a survey of our international readership and want to know what you think about our service - and the the challenges you are facing at the moment. It's all part of our aim to meet your needs...
Aldi reveals UK growth ambitions 29 Sep 14
The discounter has, alongside its fellow German retailer Lidl, shaken up the UK grocery market. And today (28 September) it outlined plans to grow its business in the country further...
Mixed news this morning for Tesco. The under-pressure UK retailer has managed to install new CFO Alan Stewart earlier than planned. However, fresh sales data out of the UK shows Tesco's sales remain in the doldrums...
- Why data is key to shopper satisfaction
- Interview: Premier sets sights overseas
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Sustainability Watch: Roberto Ciati, Barilla
- Short-termism decides Chiquita's future
- Hovis CEO Spooner leaves bread maker
- Glanbia chairman to step down
- General Mills to launch "Ancient Grains" Cheerios
- Kellogg earnings beat forecast but sales pressured
- Hershey lowers FY sales, earnings forecasts
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Supermarkets in China
- Pubs & Bars in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Confectionery Food Market
- Kerry Group plc - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report