The food business blog from Dean Best
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dean Best.
The Brexiteers are here, here and here 24 Jun 16
Wow. Your correspondent is penning this blog following precious little sleep after the combination of a humid night in London and the emergence of the most significant event in UK history since 1945 made sleep tricky on Thursday night...
With a little over 24 hours before the UK's votes on its membership of the EU, a senior executive at a major food company with operations in the country has declared he favours leaving the bloc...
The last three Unilever CEOs have joined present chief executive Paul Polman in writing to the company's staff to warn the group's UK operations would be "negatively impacted" by the country leaving the EU...
With a little over two weeks to go before the UK decides whether to stay in or leave the EU, the debate over the country's membership is heating up, with news bulletins and evening TV schedules increasingly dominated by the issue. Last night, Unilever CEO Paul Polman outlined his stance in an interview with Channel 4 News...
Flour produced by the US food giant at a plant in Missouri is the likely source of an E. coli outbreak that made people ill across 20 states, food safety officials have announced...
The US food group's bid to get the regulatory green light for its bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods has been released by the competition watchdog in London...
A spring break for just-food 29 May 16
The UK is enjoying its annual spring bank holiday on Monday (30 May)...
The online retail behemoth is again causing chatter throughout the sector, this time amid speculation it is set to launch more private-label products...
Talking with our readers, a common problem among them is their battle to keep tabs on the changes to regulations in China. And the recent moves Beijing has made to revamp its rules around e-commerce have brought that concern into sharp relief...
An eye-catching tech move from Tesco has been revealed this week - and one that has echoes of one of Amazon's latest initiatives in the US...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights