The food business blog from Dean Best
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dean Best.
France acts on food waste 26 May 15
French politicians have passed legislation that bans large stores from throwing away unsold food in a bid to tackle waste...
Baby food recipes in spotlight in US 22 May 15
The make-up of the ingredients in baby food in the US is under some scrutiny, with Campbell Soup Co. and Nestle attracting criticism from consumer watchdogs...
UK cash-and-carry and convenience retailer Booker Group has struck a deal to buy the Londis and Budgens symbol retail chains from Ireland's Musgrave Group - and emphasised the changing retail landscape in the country...
Over the weekend, there were fresh claims Europe-based food retailers Ahold and Delhaize are in discussions to join forces...
Unilever today (5 May) published news on the progress it is making on its ten-year programme to double in size while reducing its impact on the environment - and claimed its efforts were becoming an engine behind its sales...
UK-based health food retailer Holland & Barrett has outlined its ambitions to become the country's largest free-from retailer...
Tate & Lyle shakes up Splenda unit 21 Apr 15
Amid significant pressure on profits from its Splenda sucralose business, UK-based food ingredients group Tate & Lyle has this morning (21 April) announced plans to try to "maximise returns"...
US campaigners lobby FDA on GRAS rules 16 Apr 15
Four campaign groups in the US have urged the country's Food and Drug Administration to close a "loophole" in regulations on food additives and bring the rules - due to be finalised by August next year - in line with policies first drawn up over 50 years ago...
Labour manifesto has sugar in its sights 13 Apr 15
The UK Labour Party today (13 April) issued its manifesto for the country's upcoming general election - and has pledged to take aim at sugar...
Germany's competition watchdog has thwarted a move from local retail giant Edeka to acquire supermarket chain Kaiser's from Tengelmann...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why "added-value" is key in LatAm yoghurt
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)