Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, 3G Capital to buy Heinz
In a surprise announcement this morning (14 February), Heinz agreed to be bought by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital for US$28bn - the largest-ever takeover in the food sector.
Heinz stunned the global food industry with news it had agreed to a US$28bn takeover offer from Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital - purported to be the largest-ever deal in the sector. Dean Best looks at what could lie ahead for the US food giant.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission has launched legal action against unknown traders over claims they broke rules when trading in Heinz options before the US$28bn deal to buy the food giant was announced.
Heinz chief Bill Johnson today (14 February) insisted the US food giant has the potential to get "bigger and better" under the ownership of investment funds Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital.
Famed US investor Warren Buffett today (14 February) labelled Heinz as his "kind of company" after his Berkshire Hathaway fund struck a deal to pay US$28bn for the ketchup giant.
Heinz has agreed to be bought by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund and private-equity firm 3G Capital for US$28bn - the largest-ever takeover in the food sector.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020