Dutch meat giant Vion plans to quit UK
The meat processor has announced it wants to leave the UK, a market where it has had problems in recent months.
Vion's plans to exit the UK could strengthen the hand of the meat giant's local rivals Cranswick and Hilton Food Group, operating in a market with over-capacity and facing high feed and pig costs.
Dutch meat supplier Vion has announced it wants to quit the UK, a market it has said suffers from over-capacity and "extremely challenging" trading conditions.
One of the bidders for Vion's Hall's of Broxburn site said the Dutch food group has been "far from honest" throughout the sale process after its offer was rejected.
Dutch meat group Vion has reaffimed that its Hall's of Broxburn processing facility will close, with none of the bids received having provided a "viable alternative".
Dutch meat group Vion has said that it will shutter its Hall's of Broxburn processing facility in February in a phased process that will commence this month, unless a suitable buyer is found.
Dutch food group Vion has turned down an offer of funding from the Scottish government to avoid the closure of its Hall's of Broxburn plant and save jobs at the site.
Dutch food group Vion has insisted it has no choice but to close its loss-making Broxburn meat plant in the UK.
Dutch food group Vion plans to close its meat plant in the Scottish town of Broxburn, unions officials have said.
Struggling Dutch meat firm Vion has announced a raft of job cuts across its European operations.
Dutch meat giant Vion said economic conditions and increased prices for raw materials hit the firm's profits last year.
Dutch meat giant Vion said it continues to be "disappointed" at the prospect of further strikes at a site in the UK.
Dutch food group Vion plans to expand its meat processing site in Cookstown in Northern Ireland.
Dutch meat giant Vion has lost a contract to supply poultry to UK retailer Sainsbury's after the supermarket operator conducted a review of its chicken supply base.
Dutch meat giant Vion today (5 March) expressed its disappointment at the prospect of fresh strikes at a site in the UK.
Workers at UK meat firm Vion are set to participate in further industrial action as part of an ongoing dispute over pay.
UK retailer Morrisons today (1 February) announced an agreement to acquire a meat processing facility from the UK division of Dutch food group Vion.
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review