Europe's food industry searches for growth
This week, Europe's food industry met in Brussels to discuss how to ride out the economic downturn - and how to grow in a world of volatility, pressure on resources and global competition.
The food industry is not making it easy for consumers to buy healthier products and is not doing enough to reduce salt and sugar, the World Health Organisation has claimed.
The EU's regulation of the food industry could lead manufacturers to shift their R&D investment outside the bloc, UK food manufacturers have warned.
This week, European industry association FoodDrinkEurope is holding a two-day conference in Brussels discussing how the sector can ride out the tough economic conditions on the Continent and the longer-term future for the industry. Day one focused on the economy, on EU regulation and on the challenge of innovation. Here is a flavour of the first day of the event.
EU rules on nutrition labelling and on the health claims food companies can put on their products benefit the industry, the European Commission has claimed.
Executives from General Mills, Tate & Lyle, French retailer Auchan, plus drinks giants Diageo and Heineken, head to Brussels today for an industry conference to discuss ways Europe's food and drink sectors can ride out the very challenging economic conditions on the Continent. And just-food will bring you the latest news and views from the event.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report