Europe's food industry searches for growth
This week, Europe's food industry met in Brussels to discuss how to ride out the economic downturn - and how to grow in a world of volatility, pressure on resources and global competition.
The food industry is not making it easy for consumers to buy healthier products and is not doing enough to reduce salt and sugar, the World Health Organisation has claimed.
The EU's regulation of the food industry could lead manufacturers to shift their R&D investment outside the bloc, UK food manufacturers have warned.
This week, European industry association FoodDrinkEurope is holding a two-day conference in Brussels discussing how the sector can ride out the tough economic conditions on the Continent and the longer-term future for the industry. Day one focused on the economy, on EU regulation and on the challenge of innovation. Here is a flavour of the first day of the event.
EU rules on nutrition labelling and on the health claims food companies can put on their products benefit the industry, the European Commission has claimed.
Executives from General Mills, Tate & Lyle, French retailer Auchan, plus drinks giants Diageo and Heineken, head to Brussels today for an industry conference to discuss ways Europe's food and drink sectors can ride out the very challenging economic conditions on the Continent. And just-food will bring you the latest news and views from the event.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights