Europe's food industry searches for growth
This week, Europe's food industry met in Brussels to discuss how to ride out the economic downturn - and how to grow in a world of volatility, pressure on resources and global competition.
The food industry is not making it easy for consumers to buy healthier products and is not doing enough to reduce salt and sugar, the World Health Organisation has claimed.
The EU's regulation of the food industry could lead manufacturers to shift their R&D investment outside the bloc, UK food manufacturers have warned.
This week, European industry association FoodDrinkEurope is holding a two-day conference in Brussels discussing how the sector can ride out the tough economic conditions on the Continent and the longer-term future for the industry. Day one focused on the economy, on EU regulation and on the challenge of innovation. Here is a flavour of the first day of the event.
EU rules on nutrition labelling and on the health claims food companies can put on their products benefit the industry, the European Commission has claimed.
Executives from General Mills, Tate & Lyle, French retailer Auchan, plus drinks giants Diageo and Heineken, head to Brussels today for an industry conference to discuss ways Europe's food and drink sectors can ride out the very challenging economic conditions on the Continent. And just-food will bring you the latest news and views from the event.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020