Food giants present at CAGNY investor conference
A key date in the US industry calendar, leading executives are in Florida to discuss the outlook for their businesses - and the sector as a whole - with Wall Street analysts.
Kellogg has said accelerating its rate of innovation in Europe will help revitalise sales and profits in the region in 2013.
US food group JM Smucker has reversed plans to close a plant in Tennessee as it looks to grow its nut butter's business, which centres on the Jif brand.
US food group JM Smucker is set to further build its business in China, a market it first entered last year with an investment in an oats company.
Campbell Soup Co. has insisted it has made progress in returning its core businesses to stable profitable growth, while simultaneously investing to develop new opportunities for expansion.
ConAgra Foods chief Gary Rodkin today (19 February) insisted the US food group's mix of consumer brands, own label and B2B businesses offered the company "significant growth opportunities".
US food group ConAgra Foods has lifted its forecast for annual earnings on the back of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings - and "strong contributions" from the rest of its business.
Kraft Foods Group has said it is improving its product development after admitting its track-record on innovation had not matched its competitors.
US cereal-to-yoghurt group General Mills claimed today (19 February) it has established a platform to drive growth worldwide.
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- Nestle makes "major pledge" on animal welfare