Food giants present at CAGNY investor conference
A key date in the US industry calendar, leading executives are in Florida to discuss the outlook for their businesses - and the sector as a whole - with Wall Street analysts.
Kellogg has said accelerating its rate of innovation in Europe will help revitalise sales and profits in the region in 2013.
US food group JM Smucker has reversed plans to close a plant in Tennessee as it looks to grow its nut butter's business, which centres on the Jif brand.
US food group JM Smucker is set to further build its business in China, a market it first entered last year with an investment in an oats company.
Campbell Soup Co. has insisted it has made progress in returning its core businesses to stable profitable growth, while simultaneously investing to develop new opportunities for expansion.
ConAgra Foods chief Gary Rodkin today (19 February) insisted the US food group's mix of consumer brands, own label and B2B businesses offered the company "significant growth opportunities".
US food group ConAgra Foods has lifted its forecast for annual earnings on the back of its acquisition of private-label group Ralcorp Holdings - and "strong contributions" from the rest of its business.
Kraft Foods Group has said it is improving its product development after admitting its track-record on innovation had not matched its competitors.
US cereal-to-yoghurt group General Mills claimed today (19 February) it has established a platform to drive growth worldwide.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- "Serious" suitors lined up for Chicken of The Sea