General Mills revamps business after challenging year
The US food giant is to restructure its organisation after 12 months in which profits fell. What lies ahead for the Yoplait manufacturer?
General Mills yesterday reported a 12.8% drop in full-year profits as the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
General Mills revealed today (27 June) it will split its US retail business into three divisions and create a regional structure for its international operations as part of plans to cut costs and improve efficiency.
US food giant General Mills said today (27 June) the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
US food giant General Mills, which has suffered amid increasing input costs and a stagnant domestic market, this week announced it was cutting 850 jobs to improve efficiency and allow it to re-invest in other parts of its business. Just two days later, it announced a deal to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki. Michelle Russell reports.
US food manufacturer General Mills has said it will cut around 850 jobs globally as part of a productivity and cost savings plan announced today (22 May).
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities