General Mills revamps business after challenging year
The US food giant is to restructure its organisation after 12 months in which profits fell. What lies ahead for the Yoplait manufacturer?
General Mills yesterday reported a 12.8% drop in full-year profits as the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
General Mills revealed today (27 June) it will split its US retail business into three divisions and create a regional structure for its international operations as part of plans to cut costs and improve efficiency.
US food giant General Mills said today (27 June) the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
US food giant General Mills, which has suffered amid increasing input costs and a stagnant domestic market, this week announced it was cutting 850 jobs to improve efficiency and allow it to re-invest in other parts of its business. Just two days later, it announced a deal to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki. Michelle Russell reports.
US food manufacturer General Mills has said it will cut around 850 jobs globally as part of a productivity and cost savings plan announced today (22 May).
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report