General Mills revamps business after challenging year
The US food giant is to restructure its organisation after 12 months in which profits fell. What lies ahead for the Yoplait manufacturer?
General Mills yesterday reported a 12.8% drop in full-year profits as the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
General Mills revealed today (27 June) it will split its US retail business into three divisions and create a regional structure for its international operations as part of plans to cut costs and improve efficiency.
US food giant General Mills said today (27 June) the steepest rise in input costs it has experienced in over 30 years weighed on its full-year earnings.
US food giant General Mills, which has suffered amid increasing input costs and a stagnant domestic market, this week announced it was cutting 850 jobs to improve efficiency and allow it to re-invest in other parts of its business. Just two days later, it announced a deal to buy Brazilian food manufacturer Yoki. Michelle Russell reports.
US food manufacturer General Mills has said it will cut around 850 jobs globally as part of a productivity and cost savings plan announced today (22 May).
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report