Inauguration day: the implications for US food policy
As President Barack Obama takes office for a second term, just-food takes a look at his approach to food legislation and what the food industry might expect in the next four years.
Today (21 January) sees Barack Obama's second inauguration as President of the United States, an appropriate juncture to look ahead to what the next four years may have in store in terms of US food policy.
President Obama is looking to increase the US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) budget for fiscal 2013 by 17%, resulting in an increase in industry fees.
Earlier this week, US First Lady Michelle Obama unveiled a Task Force action plan calling on food manufacturers to curb the marketing of unhealthy foods to children. Here we take a closer look at the report and its recommendations.
First Lady Michelle Obama today (11 May) unveiled a Task Force action plan calling on food manufacturers to curb the marketing of unhealthy foods to children.
US First Lady Michelle Obama has been urged to do more to encourage the food industry to tackle child obesity after she launched a healthy-eating drive in the US yesterday (9 February).
US First Lady Michelle Obama today (9 February) launched 'Let's Move', a drive designed to cut obesity levels among children in the country.
President Obama has made tackling childhood obesity and nutrition a key priority. The FDA’s recent announcement on nutritional labelling demonstrates the administration’s willingness to act in areas where it deems self-regulation to have been ineffective, Ben Cooper writes, and this proactive approach may not be confined to food labelling.
The Obama administration has unveiled a series of measures designed to toughen food safety standards and strengthen the enforcement powers of regulatory bodies in the US.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details