Meat giant Vion set to make more UK cuts
The Dutch food group could close a plant in Scotland, which would be the latest in a number of restructuring measures in the UK in recent years.
Dutch food group Vion has insisted it has no choice but to close its loss-making Broxburn meat plant in the UK.
Dutch food group Vion plans to close its meat plant in the Scottish town of Broxburn, unions officials have said.
Struggling Dutch meat firm Vion has announced a raft of job cuts across its European operations.
Dutch meat giant Vion said economic conditions and increased prices for raw materials hit the firm's profits last year.
Dutch meat giant Vion said it continues to be "disappointed" at the prospect of further strikes at a site in the UK.
Dutch food group Vion plans to expand its meat processing site in Cookstown in Northern Ireland.
Workers at UK meat firm Vion are set to participate in further industrial action as part of an ongoing dispute over pay.
UK retailer Morrisons today (1 February) announced an agreement to acquire a meat processing facility from the UK division of Dutch food group Vion.
Dutch food group Vion has invested in a learning centre at its pork processing facility in the Scottish town of Broxburn.
Dutch food group Vion plans to revamp a poultry site in the UK, a move that could lead to the loss of 115 jobs.
Dutch food group Vion will close its Sheffield sausage site in the UK.
Dutch-owned food group Vion is to create 250 jobs within its Scottish operations.
Dutch-owned food group Vion has announced plans to cut 180 jobs at its Haverhill site in Suffolk.
Dutch food group Vion is to cut almost half the workforce at a lamb processing plant in Wales.
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Growth question hangs over refocused Premier
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban