Morrisons H1 results better than expected
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, claimed "steady progress" after mixed first-half results that included a dip in like-for-like sales but not the fall some were expecting.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips today (6 September) defended the UK retailer's "fresh format" stores and its policy on vouchers, two strategies brought into question in recent weeks.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, today (6 September) claimed "steady progress" in the first half of its financial year after reporting results that included higher revenues, net profit but falling like-for-like sales.
UK retailer Morrisons has rolled its Catalina couponing system out nationally.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips has insisted the UK retailer will not chase unprofitable volume in a highly promotional market.
Morrisons insisted this morning (3 May) it has made a "satisfactory" start to the year, despite booking its first drop in like-for-like sales since 2005.
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Comment: Competition to rise on whey investments
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- Valio lactose-free trucks stopped at Russia border
- Heinz halves sugar in ketchup launch
- Bisco Misr says Kellogg eyeing majority stake
- Olam sells Cote d'Ivoire dairy to FrieslandCampina
- Valio targets China with EUR70m whey inve
- China - ISA Country Report
- Other Dairy in Russia
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape