Morrisons H1 results better than expected
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, claimed "steady progress" after mixed first-half results that included a dip in like-for-like sales but not the fall some were expecting.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips today (6 September) defended the UK retailer's "fresh format" stores and its policy on vouchers, two strategies brought into question in recent weeks.
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, today (6 September) claimed "steady progress" in the first half of its financial year after reporting results that included higher revenues, net profit but falling like-for-like sales.
UK retailer Morrisons has rolled its Catalina couponing system out nationally.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips has insisted the UK retailer will not chase unprofitable volume in a highly promotional market.
Morrisons insisted this morning (3 May) it has made a "satisfactory" start to the year, despite booking its first drop in like-for-like sales since 2005.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis