Plum merger sets stage for growth
The acquisition of Plum UK by US-based Plum Organics has set the stage for significant growth, UK and US CEOs Scott Wotherspoon and Neil Grimmer suggest. The newly formed Ango-American baby food group plans to expand by growing market share and - somewhere down the line - entering new markets.
US and UK baby food makers Plum Organics and Plum UK have more than their names in common. Both start-ups were founded by parents seeking an alternative to mainstream baby foods. Both group's share a passion for providing quality products that meet the needs of young children and their parents. Both have come to a high growth area of the baby food category as challenger brands to then expand quickly using clever marketing and a fresh approach to innovation. The similarities are so striking that yesterday's (24 January) announcement that US-based Plum Organics has acquired Plum UK seems almost written in the stars. Katy Askew caught up with Plum Organics CEO Neil Grimmer and Plum UK CEO Scott Wotherspoon to discuss how the tie-up will act as a platform for growth.
Plum Organics plans to expand its business further in international markets following yesterday's (24 January) acquisition of UK baby food group Plum UK.
US baby food producer Plum Organics has acquired London-based organic baby food firm Plum UK.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Food marketing firmly on UK political agenda
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report