Plum merger sets stage for growth
The acquisition of Plum UK by US-based Plum Organics has set the stage for significant growth, UK and US CEOs Scott Wotherspoon and Neil Grimmer suggest. The newly formed Ango-American baby food group plans to expand by growing market share and - somewhere down the line - entering new markets.
US and UK baby food makers Plum Organics and Plum UK have more than their names in common. Both start-ups were founded by parents seeking an alternative to mainstream baby foods. Both group's share a passion for providing quality products that meet the needs of young children and their parents. Both have come to a high growth area of the baby food category as challenger brands to then expand quickly using clever marketing and a fresh approach to innovation. The similarities are so striking that yesterday's (24 January) announcement that US-based Plum Organics has acquired Plum UK seems almost written in the stars. Katy Askew caught up with Plum Organics CEO Neil Grimmer and Plum UK CEO Scott Wotherspoon to discuss how the tie-up will act as a platform for growth.
Plum Organics plans to expand its business further in international markets following yesterday's (24 January) acquisition of UK baby food group Plum UK.
US baby food producer Plum Organics has acquired London-based organic baby food firm Plum UK.
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report