The dividing-up of Dean Foods
The US dairy giant, which is looking to spin off its WhiteWaveFoods-Alpro business by the end of the year, has also admitted it could sell an own-label unit Morningstar.
US dairy giant Dean Foods has said it is considering the sale of its Morningstar business, a producer of creams and cultured dairy products for foodservice and own-label firms.
Food analysts on Wall Street have touted for nearly two years that Dean Foods, the US dairy giant, could spin off WhiteWave-Alpro, its soy and organic arm. This week, the company took the plunge. But could the new WhiteWave Foods Co. be a takeover target?
Dean Foods has announced plans to list part of the business that runs its soy and organics operations, including the Alpro brand.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- HKScan appoints Jari Latvanen CEO