UK FMCG industry meets at IGD annual convention
The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz speak at the conference as the industry battles tough economic conditions and the rise of what many call the "digital revolution".
Heinz has called on the grocery sector to invest in innovation to drive growth amid the tough trading conditions facing the industry.
The food industry must renew its focus on the centre of the store amid the "digital revolution" changing the way people shop, consumer goods giant Unilever has said today (9 October).
Tesco wants to work more closely with its suppliers as it reacts to changing consumer behaviour, the retail giant's chief executive Philip Clarke said today (9 October).
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (9 October) called on the UK food industry to adopt common front-of-pack nutrition labels.
The leading lights in the UK grocery sector, including the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convene in London today (9 October) to chew over the tough trading conditions in the sector - and the latest sales data highlights the challenges facing the industry.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights