UK FMCG industry meets at IGD annual convention
The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz speak at the conference as the industry battles tough economic conditions and the rise of what many call the "digital revolution".
Heinz has called on the grocery sector to invest in innovation to drive growth amid the tough trading conditions facing the industry.
The food industry must renew its focus on the centre of the store amid the "digital revolution" changing the way people shop, consumer goods giant Unilever has said today (9 October).
Tesco wants to work more closely with its suppliers as it reacts to changing consumer behaviour, the retail giant's chief executive Philip Clarke said today (9 October).
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (9 October) called on the UK food industry to adopt common front-of-pack nutrition labels.
The leading lights in the UK grocery sector, including the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convene in London today (9 October) to chew over the tough trading conditions in the sector - and the latest sales data highlights the challenges facing the industry.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies Market in Egypt: Market Profile to 2017