UK FMCG industry meets at IGD annual convention
The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz speak at the conference as the industry battles tough economic conditions and the rise of what many call the "digital revolution".
Heinz has called on the grocery sector to invest in innovation to drive growth amid the tough trading conditions facing the industry.
The food industry must renew its focus on the centre of the store amid the "digital revolution" changing the way people shop, consumer goods giant Unilever has said today (9 October).
Tesco wants to work more closely with its suppliers as it reacts to changing consumer behaviour, the retail giant's chief executive Philip Clarke said today (9 October).
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (9 October) called on the UK food industry to adopt common front-of-pack nutrition labels.
The leading lights in the UK grocery sector, including the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convene in London today (9 October) to chew over the tough trading conditions in the sector - and the latest sales data highlights the challenges facing the industry.
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details