UK FMCG industry meets at IGD annual convention
The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Unilever and Heinz speak at the conference as the industry battles tough economic conditions and the rise of what many call the "digital revolution".
Heinz has called on the grocery sector to invest in innovation to drive growth amid the tough trading conditions facing the industry.
The food industry must renew its focus on the centre of the store amid the "digital revolution" changing the way people shop, consumer goods giant Unilever has said today (9 October).
Tesco wants to work more closely with its suppliers as it reacts to changing consumer behaviour, the retail giant's chief executive Philip Clarke said today (9 October).
Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King today (9 October) called on the UK food industry to adopt common front-of-pack nutrition labels.
The leading lights in the UK grocery sector, including the chief executives of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer, convene in London today (9 October) to chew over the tough trading conditions in the sector - and the latest sales data highlights the challenges facing the industry.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- McCormick bucks peers with growth in China
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015