UK food industry targets China
UK Secretary of State for the Environment Owen Paterson is spearheading the country's largest trade delegation to China this week. UK food and drink companies, along with representatives from the government and the UK Food and Drink Export Association, are attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition. just-food brings you live updates from Shanghai.
If UK food companies are to take full advantage of the export opportunity in China they must focus on developing a strategy to expand in the market - and they must do it now - the UK Food and Drink Export Association's Sandra Sullivan tells just-food.
UK dairy group Somerdale has said it hopes to benefit from rising demand for traditional English cheeses in China as it works to grow its export presence in the country.
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
The UK government has insisted the country's dairy industry should look to meet growing demand in China.
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Fonterra dismisses claims CEO Spierings could exit
- News of week - Nestle, Wilmar, Danone
- Vandemoortele family to own 100% of bakery group