UK food industry targets China
UK Secretary of State for the Environment Owen Paterson is spearheading the country's largest trade delegation to China this week. UK food and drink companies, along with representatives from the government and the UK Food and Drink Export Association, are attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition. just-food brings you live updates from Shanghai.
If UK food companies are to take full advantage of the export opportunity in China they must focus on developing a strategy to expand in the market - and they must do it now - the UK Food and Drink Export Association's Sandra Sullivan tells just-food.
UK dairy group Somerdale has said it hopes to benefit from rising demand for traditional English cheeses in China as it works to grow its export presence in the country.
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
The UK government has insisted the country's dairy industry should look to meet growing demand in China.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast