UK food industry targets China
UK Secretary of State for the Environment Owen Paterson is spearheading the country's largest trade delegation to China this week. UK food and drink companies, along with representatives from the government and the UK Food and Drink Export Association, are attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition. just-food brings you live updates from Shanghai.
If UK food companies are to take full advantage of the export opportunity in China they must focus on developing a strategy to expand in the market - and they must do it now - the UK Food and Drink Export Association's Sandra Sullivan tells just-food.
UK dairy group Somerdale has said it hopes to benefit from rising demand for traditional English cheeses in China as it works to grow its export presence in the country.
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
The UK government has insisted the country's dairy industry should look to meet growing demand in China.
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report