UK food industry targets China
UK Secretary of State for the Environment Owen Paterson is spearheading the country's largest trade delegation to China this week. UK food and drink companies, along with representatives from the government and the UK Food and Drink Export Association, are attending the Food and Hotel China exhibition. just-food brings you live updates from Shanghai.
If UK food companies are to take full advantage of the export opportunity in China they must focus on developing a strategy to expand in the market - and they must do it now - the UK Food and Drink Export Association's Sandra Sullivan tells just-food.
UK dairy group Somerdale has said it hopes to benefit from rising demand for traditional English cheeses in China as it works to grow its export presence in the country.
EBLEX, the organisation for the English beef and sheep industry, has said it plans to develop a "more sophisticated" approach to marketing its products in China to build on its presence in the country.
The UK government has insisted the country's dairy industry should look to meet growing demand in China.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen
- Mengniu grows sales but net profit slips