US food retailer A&P files for bankruptcy
A&P, one of the oldest food retailers in the US, has filed for Chapter 11 protection in a fresh bid to turn around the ailing business.
A&P's descent into Chapter 11 protection has taken few in the US retail sector by surprise but what does the future hold for the historic grocer? And which competitors could benefit?
Ailing US retailer A&P this morning (13 December) announced it has filed for bankruptcy in a bid to fully restructure a business loaded with debt and hit by competition. Here just-food takes a look back the firm's history.
Ailing US retailer A&P has filed for bankruptcy in a bid to fully restructure a business loaded with debt and hit by competition.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious