Vion deal sees 2 Sisters beef up UK meat ops
Boparan Holdings, 2 Sisters Food Group's owner, has snapped up Vion's UK poultry and red meat assets, its latest move in the consolidation of the country's food sector.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of 2 Sisters Food Group, has continued its drive to rapidly expand its footprint with the announcement that it has acquired the remaining Vion meat businesses in the UK. Katy Askew takes a look at how ambitious 2 Sisters hopes to succeed in a market where Vion struggled.
Boparan Holdings Limited, the holding company for 2 Sisters Food Group, has acquired Vion's poultry and red meat processing businesses in the UK.
Tesco has indicated that it will source more meat in the UK as it looks to tighten security down the supply chain in response to the horsemeat scandal that has engulfed Europe.
Vion has finalised a deal for an MBO of its UK pork arm, which is among a series of assets in the country the Dutch food group is looking to sell.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of UK firm 2 Sisters Food Group, has moved into the black in its last financial year when its sales grew ahead of the market.
Premier Foods plc is to sell its under-performing Brookes Avana subsidiary to 2 Sisters Food Group for GBP30m (US$46.8m).
Ranjit Boparan looks set to seal control of Northern Foods next week, having trumped the merger offer made by Irish food group Greencore late last year. Ben Cooper reports.
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities