Vion deal sees 2 Sisters beef up UK meat ops
Boparan Holdings, 2 Sisters Food Group's owner, has snapped up Vion's UK poultry and red meat assets, its latest move in the consolidation of the country's food sector.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of 2 Sisters Food Group, has continued its drive to rapidly expand its footprint with the announcement that it has acquired the remaining Vion meat businesses in the UK. Katy Askew takes a look at how ambitious 2 Sisters hopes to succeed in a market where Vion struggled.
Boparan Holdings Limited, the holding company for 2 Sisters Food Group, has acquired Vion's poultry and red meat processing businesses in the UK.
Tesco has indicated that it will source more meat in the UK as it looks to tighten security down the supply chain in response to the horsemeat scandal that has engulfed Europe.
Vion has finalised a deal for an MBO of its UK pork arm, which is among a series of assets in the country the Dutch food group is looking to sell.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of UK firm 2 Sisters Food Group, has moved into the black in its last financial year when its sales grew ahead of the market.
Premier Foods plc is to sell its under-performing Brookes Avana subsidiary to 2 Sisters Food Group for GBP30m (US$46.8m).
Ranjit Boparan looks set to seal control of Northern Foods next week, having trumped the merger offer made by Irish food group Greencore late last year. Ben Cooper reports.
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report