Vion deal sees 2 Sisters beef up UK meat ops
Boparan Holdings, 2 Sisters Food Group's owner, has snapped up Vion's UK poultry and red meat assets, its latest move in the consolidation of the country's food sector.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of 2 Sisters Food Group, has continued its drive to rapidly expand its footprint with the announcement that it has acquired the remaining Vion meat businesses in the UK. Katy Askew takes a look at how ambitious 2 Sisters hopes to succeed in a market where Vion struggled.
Boparan Holdings Limited, the holding company for 2 Sisters Food Group, has acquired Vion's poultry and red meat processing businesses in the UK.
Tesco has indicated that it will source more meat in the UK as it looks to tighten security down the supply chain in response to the horsemeat scandal that has engulfed Europe.
Vion has finalised a deal for an MBO of its UK pork arm, which is among a series of assets in the country the Dutch food group is looking to sell.
Boparan Holdings, the parent company of UK firm 2 Sisters Food Group, has moved into the black in its last financial year when its sales grew ahead of the market.
Premier Foods plc is to sell its under-performing Brookes Avana subsidiary to 2 Sisters Food Group for GBP30m (US$46.8m).
Ranjit Boparan looks set to seal control of Northern Foods next week, having trumped the merger offer made by Irish food group Greencore late last year. Ben Cooper reports.
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Decision on US dietary advice missed opportunity
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Retail margin management in spotlight
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- PepsiCo to close Australia crisps plant
- Arla banned from selling skyr yoghurt in Finland
- Raisio revamps UK cereal arm, jobs to go
- US dietary guidelines to ignore environment impact
- Earth's Best infant formula line launched in China
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom