We need to prove we are different, says Morrisons
CEO Dalton Philips, reflecting on another quarter of falling sales, says the UK retailer must show consumers how it stands apart from its rivals.
Morrisons has admitted it needs to strengthen its marketing message and promotional mechanics to win over consumers and reverse declining sales trends.
As a shopper, I am a newly-converted fan of Morrisons.
Morrisons today (8 November) announced commercial director Richard Hodgson will leave the UK retailer - on the day it reported another quarter of falling like-for-like sales.
Morrisons is paying for playing catch-up but do not write the UK's fourth-largest grocer off just yet, writes Chris Mercer.
Morrisons CEO Dalton Philips today (6 September) defended the UK retailer's "fresh format" stores and its policy on vouchers, two strategies brought into question in recent weeks.
UK retailer Morrisons has rolled its Catalina couponing system out nationally.
The announcement from Morrisons that CFO Richard Pennycook plans to leave the company will come as a blow for the UK retailer. Morrisons is trading behind the market and Pennycook's exit serves to focus attention on the strategic problems that management is currently grappling with. Katy Askew reports.
As retailer Morrisons announces it is to trial a voucher scheme in a handful of stores in the north-east of England and during a week in which Tesco CEO Philip Clarke conceded vouchering was a "necessary requirement", Michelle Russell takes a closer look at the growing trend of couponing and whether this is likely to continue.
Morrisons insisted this morning (3 May) it has made a "satisfactory" start to the year, despite booking its first drop in like-for-like sales since 2005.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses