Interview: Co-op driving growth with increased retail investment
The Co-operative Group has booked a jump in first-half losses as issues plaguing its troubled banking unit took a significant chunk out of the bottom line. However, the group's retail business saw a "solid" six months, with profits dipping only slightly on increased levels of investment. According to Steve Murrells, chief executive of food, these investments are moving the retail business in the right direction. Katy Askew caught up with Murrells to find out what the group has in the pipeline.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up