FMCG in the Middle East: just the answer - Choithrams operations director Manoj Thanwani
Choithram & Sons was set up in 1944 in Sierra Leone as a business funding schools and hospitals in west Africa and India. It soon established a presence in Europe, North America, and Africa, but nowhere more so than in the Gulf where Choithrams launched its first supermarket starting with the United Arab Emirates. The retail chain now has 31 supermarkets and has grown across the Gulf with a presence in Oman, Bahrain and Qatar. But, as Middle East residents become increasingly concerned with brand affiliation, and with the growing presence of international retailers like Carrefour, Spinneys and Waitrose, how does a homegrown brand maintain its relevance? Operations director Manoj Thanwani shares some tricks of the trade with Hannah Abdulla.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review