FMCG in the Middle East: Interview: Ramsden International CEO Sean Ramsden
The Middle East is often seen as a bit of a golden nugget for exporters, with 98% of its consumables coming from elsewhere in the world. But Sean Ramsden, CEO of UK wholesale exporter Ramsden International, says it's not always the easiest market in which to operate, with strict compliance legislation and a focus on driving down prices. Hannah Abdulla caught up with Ramsden on the sidelines of Gulfood where they exchanged notes on the challenges and advantages of being an exporter to the Middle East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Greencore pays GBP15m for Cranswick sandwich unit
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues