FMCG in the Middle East: Interview: Ramsden International CEO Sean Ramsden
The Middle East is often seen as a bit of a golden nugget for exporters, with 98% of its consumables coming from elsewhere in the world. But Sean Ramsden, CEO of UK wholesale exporter Ramsden International, says it's not always the easiest market in which to operate, with strict compliance legislation and a focus on driving down prices. Hannah Abdulla caught up with Ramsden on the sidelines of Gulfood where they exchanged notes on the challenges and advantages of being an exporter to the Middle East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- B&G to acquire Green Giant from General Mills
- Cheese maker Entremont moves into frozen food
- Mondelez opens line at Poland chocolate plant