FMCG in the Middle East: Interview: Ramsden International CEO Sean Ramsden
The Middle East is often seen as a bit of a golden nugget for exporters, with 98% of its consumables coming from elsewhere in the world. But Sean Ramsden, CEO of UK wholesale exporter Ramsden International, says it's not always the easiest market in which to operate, with strict compliance legislation and a focus on driving down prices. Hannah Abdulla caught up with Ramsden on the sidelines of Gulfood where they exchanged notes on the challenges and advantages of being an exporter to the Middle East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide