FMCG in the Middle East: Interview: Ramsden International CEO Sean Ramsden
The Middle East is often seen as a bit of a golden nugget for exporters, with 98% of its consumables coming from elsewhere in the world. But Sean Ramsden, CEO of UK wholesale exporter Ramsden International, says it's not always the easiest market in which to operate, with strict compliance legislation and a focus on driving down prices. Hannah Abdulla caught up with Ramsden on the sidelines of Gulfood where they exchanged notes on the challenges and advantages of being an exporter to the Middle East.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims