Sanderson Farms CFO Mike Cockrell on US poultry prices, benchmarking, Trump and Mexico - the just-food interview, part two
The US poultry sector has been under scrutiny in recent quarters, with a number of the largest processors named in a lawsuit alleging companies fixed prices and questions over the use of a key, weekly chicken-price index. Throw in tough market conditions, concerns over the trade priorities of the Trump administration and the rise of meat alternatives and there is much for poultry industry boardrooms to ponder. Dean Best chewed the fat with Sanderson Farms CFO Mike Cockrell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw