Sustainability Watch – Mercedes Tallo, Rainforest Alliance
The news that Maltesers is to become a Fairtrade brand underlines both the continued growth in the ethical market and how this increasing consumer appeal has not been lost on marketers. Speaking with Ben Cooper, Mercedes Tallo of the Rainforest Alliance discusses the importance of partnering with big brands and argues that the huge growth in ethical certification reflects tangible improvements in supply chains rather than a desire on the part of brands to look good.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- On the money: Diamond's faith in on-trend range
- Focus: Does size matter for Thai Union Frozen?
- Industry awaits WHO reply on beefed-up ad pledges
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre
- Kellogg, Burton's, Ulker "on UB bid shortlist"