The just-food interview - Jonathan Hart, Thorntons
UK confectioner Thorntons is undergoing something of a transformation. The chocolate and toffee producer, which has been hit hard by the consumer downturn, is midway through a strategic shift to close the bulk of its store network and focus on commercial sales. Since taking the helm in May 2011, Jonathan Hart has had a mountain to climb: rebalancing the portfolio while tackling weak consumer demand. Nonetheless, the chief executive tells Michelle Russell that the firm is now on the right road for its strategy re-think to deliver improved results.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Danone's Happy Family adds to baby food range