The just-food interview - Jonathan Hart, Thorntons
UK confectioner Thorntons is undergoing something of a transformation. The chocolate and toffee producer, which has been hit hard by the consumer downturn, is midway through a strategic shift to close the bulk of its store network and focus on commercial sales. Since taking the helm in May 2011, Jonathan Hart has had a mountain to climb: rebalancing the portfolio while tackling weak consumer demand. Nonetheless, the chief executive tells Michelle Russell that the firm is now on the right road for its strategy re-think to deliver improved results.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- Happy Family CEO on baby and beyond
- BRICs and beyond: Kam Tai's Chinese growth story
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs
- Brownes Dairy owner Archer Capital "eyes sale"
- Lindt adds Hello Bites to US portfolio