The just-food interview - Mike Davies, Thorntons
Thorntons has undergone something of a transformation since Mike Davies took the helm three years ago. Thanks to a strategy re-think and a new emphasis on customer-led innovation, Thorntons has steadily seen sales and profits grow. Although recent results have been dented by the economic downturn and the loss of key retail customers, Davies insists that the future is sweet for the UK chocolate maker. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast