The just-food interview – Wu Jianzhong, Wumart Stores
The global downturn is not just hitting developed, Western markets. The fast-growing, emerging markets of the East are also suffering - and China is no exception. One of the world's most buoyant retail markets in recent years, China is set to see competition in the sector grow even more intense, as retailers battle for ever-more cautious consumers. In this month's just-food interview, Wu Jianzhong, chairman of Wumart Stores, one of China's leading home-grown retailers, insists his company can stand up to the might of Wal-Mart and Carrefour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes