The just-food interview – Wu Jianzhong, Wumart Stores
The global downturn is not just hitting developed, Western markets. The fast-growing, emerging markets of the East are also suffering - and China is no exception. One of the world's most buoyant retail markets in recent years, China is set to see competition in the sector grow even more intense, as retailers battle for ever-more cautious consumers. In this month's just-food interview, Wu Jianzhong, chairman of Wumart Stores, one of China's leading home-grown retailers, insists his company can stand up to the might of Wal-Mart and Carrefour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations