Talking shop: Tim Hurrell, The Co-operative Group
The Co-operative Group accounted for a quarter of the UK grocery retail market in the 1960s. By 2008, its share had fallen to 5%. However, the Co-op's purchase of the Somerfield chain two years ago has sparked its renaissance and Tim Hurrell, the head of the company's food retail arm, spoke with Petah Marian about the integration, Fairtrade and how the company is rising again.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli
- Bellamy's CEO exits as outlook slashed