SIAL 2014: Valio hopes to overcome Russian woes
Valio is facing some significant challenges. The Finland-based dairy group is grappling with the closure of the Russian border as well as the decline in industrial markets for dairy ingredients. However, the company is also working to identify new growth avenues, such as its lactose-free technology. Katy Askew spoke to Kari Finska, SVP of Russia and eastern markets for Valio, to find out more.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations