What is Mondelez International's outlook for China? - the just-food interview, part two
Mondelez International's top-line performance in China has been patchy since the US snacks giant was established four years ago. Biscuits has been Mondelez's main business in China and challenges in the category meant, for example, the Oreo maker saw its sales in the country fall in 2014. A recovery from Mondelez's biscuit arm in China, plus growth from its chewing gum stable, helped the company's sales grow in 2015 - but sales fell in the first six months of this year. Speaking to just-food after announcing a significant push into China's chocolate market, Stephen Maher, the president of Mondelez's business in the country, discusses how he sees the prospects for the company in the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review