Why Urban Fresh Foods plumped for Lotus Bakeries' ownership - interview
Urban Fresh Foods, the privately-owned UK firm behind the children's-focused snack brand Bear, said last summer it was looking at ways to expand internationally and suggested it could accept investment. Just before Christmas, the company, set up in 2007, announced it had agreed to a takeover bid from Belgium's Lotus Bakeries. Dean Best speaks to Urban Fresh Foods partner Giles Brook about what the deal means for the business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs