Why Urban Fresh Foods plumped for Lotus Bakeries' ownership - interview
Urban Fresh Foods, the privately-owned UK firm behind the children's-focused snack brand Bear, said last summer it was looking at ways to expand internationally and suggested it could accept investment. Just before Christmas, the company, set up in 2007, announced it had agreed to a takeover bid from Belgium's Lotus Bakeries. Dean Best speaks to Urban Fresh Foods partner Giles Brook about what the deal means for the business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid