The food business blog from Katy Askew
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katy Askew.
UK dairy farmers have been working to raise awareness of the low milk price, driven down by weakening global demand for dairy commodities. These efforts have met some success and farmers have gained the ear of the UK's retailers and regulators...
UK farmers grabbed the headlines this weekend when they paraded two cows through an Asda store in Stafford in protest over the price they are paid for milk...
It's getting heavy at Whole Foods 26 Jun 15
Whole Foods Market already had a reputation for being pricey. This will only be compounded by news that the retailer has been accused of routinely overcharging consumers by overstating the weight of packaged meat, dairy and baked goods...
Dutch supermarket operator Ahold and Belgium-based retailer Delhaize Group announced today (24 June) that a long-awaited merger has been finalised in a move these two European retail giants hope will improve their competitiveness across the pond..
The UK's Grocery Code Adjudicator insisted it is "making a difference" and improving the relationship between retailers and suppliers at its annual conference this week...
Hormel Foods revealed some key management appointments as it looks to bring the recently-acquired Applegate Farms under its wing...
UK gluten-free food maker Genius Foods has been in the spotlight this week, after issuing a recall of products because they were contaminated with gluten. Consumers have reacted angrily and one is left wondering just how much damage the recall has done to the trust in the brand...
B2B confectionery supplier Barry Callebaut has entered into an agreement to acquire US nut producer American Almond Products Co. for an undisclosed sum...
News that French retail giant Carrefour last month launched an online shopping portal in China, carrefour.cn, comes as further evidence of the growing importance of e-commerce in the market...
News that Abbott Laboratories launched a GMO-free version of its Similac infant formula caused quite a stir in the US over the past week. Not to be overlooked, Hain Celestial was quick to point out that it too offers an infant formula that is GMO-free under its Earth's Best Organic brand...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis