The food business blog from Katy Askew
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katy Askew.
US trade liberalisation faces bumpy ride 15 May 15
US efforts to liberalise international trade faced something of a roller coaster ride this week, as the Senate first voted down Barack Obama's proposals only to reach a compromise that would give the President “fast track” negotiating authority...
UN warns poor maize harvest likely 30 Apr 15
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has warned lower maize harvests in Africa could "trigger food price increases"...
The roller-coaster of home-baking sales 28 Apr 15
Home baking category sales have had something of a roller coaster ride in recent years...
The Cargill meat processing facility in Hazleton, Pa., has become the company's first certified landfill-free production site...
PepsiCo secures NBA sponsorship deal 14 Apr 15
PepsiCo has honed in on a sponsorship deal with the National Basketball Association, replacing current sponsor and chief soft drinks rival The Coca Cola Co...
Yildiz "eyes silver" in global snacks 19 Mar 15
Yildiz Holding reportedly wants its snacks business to overtake Kellogg and become the world's second-largest snack manufacturer...
Food safety in Australia has rapidly become a politicised issue after two recent scares – involving berries packaged in China and, most recently, tuna canned in Thailand – have brought the safety of food produced overseas into question...
Trace One and SGS Supply Chain Solutions have developed a social network platform they believe will improve product safety globally by enabling more effective real-time communication in the supply chain...
3D design company Lehrmitt Design Studios is offering designs using 3D printing technologies that, it says, can add an "artist's touch" to assembly line chocolate...
Synthetic biology group Intrexon Corp. hopes its acquisition of Okanagan Specialty Fruits (OSF) will help it tap into growing demand for fresh prepared fruits...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details