The food business blog from Katy Askew
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katy Askew.
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs...
General Mills is reportedly preparing long-time executive Jeff Harmening to succeed Ken Powell as CEO...
Kellogg takeover chatter cools 22 Jul 16
Market speculation over a possible takeover of Kellogg surfaced this week, with the snacks-to-cereal maker linked to both Kraft Heinz and Coca Cola Co...
The introduction of legislation requiring the labelling of GMOs in the US has gathered widespread public support...
Brexit – the just-food confidence survey 12 Jul 16
Following last month's referendum in the UK on the country's membership of the European Union, the repercussions from the decision to leave have been felt far and wide...
Growing demand in emerging markets are set to drive 4.6% growth in the global dairy and soy food market by 2020, according to new research...
Kellogg's opens Broadway cafe 30 Jun 16
US cereal giant Kellogg's revealed plans to open a cafe in New York City, located at a prime location on Broadway...
Rumours Chinese pork giant WH Group is eyeing acquisitions, particularly in the US, have surfaced...
Growth prospects for the global packaged food sector were negatively revised today (17 March) on faltering emerging market demand - but India looks increasingly set to be a bright spot for the industry...
Exhibitors are gearing up for this year's Natural Products Expo West, one of the major dates in the US food industry calendar. Boxes are being unpacked in the massive halls and stands are being erected...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities