The food business blog from Katy Askew
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katy Askew.
Rumours Chinese pork giant WH Group is eyeing acquisitions, particularly in the US, have surfaced...
Growth prospects for the global packaged food sector were negatively revised today (17 March) on faltering emerging market demand - but India looks increasingly set to be a bright spot for the industry...
Exhibitors are gearing up for this year's Natural Products Expo West, one of the major dates in the US food industry calendar. Boxes are being unpacked in the massive halls and stands are being erected...
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra hopes to use the know-how of its farmer owners in order to scale up in emerging dairy markets such as Sri Lanka...
What next for TreeHouse and ConAgra? 2 Feb 16
TreeHouse Foods announced yesterday (2 February) it has completed its acquisition of ConAgra Foods' private-label business in a deal that will go some way to reshaping the US own-label sector...
Is Unilever preparing to sell spreads? 19 Jan 16
The will-they, won't-they speculation over whether Unilever could be preparing to put its struggling spreads unit on the block cropped up again today (19 January) when reports emerged that Sean Gogarty, who heads up the business, is leaving...
Why I'm sick of range reviews 3 Dec 15
As the UK supermarket wars rumble on, range reviews have been a key tool for the big four to work to lower prices. And I don't like it one bit. Here is why...
That politicians are selective with the truth is pretty much a given. But it did make this pundit chuckle to hear UK Chancellor George Osborne describe United Biscuits as a "great British company"... Er, yes... one that is owned by Turkish multinational Yildiz Holding...
Nestle had some reason for cheer this week when it was confirmed that Maggi noodles should be back on Indian shelves this month...
With market talk rumbling on over whether Diamond Foods is up for sale, attention has now turned to if the company could be preparing to sell its snack food brands separately having failed to secure a buyer for the business as a going concern...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- ACCC slams Heinz for 'unhealthy' kids range
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights