The food business blog from Katy Askew
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Katy Askew.
Boulder Brands is expanding its Udi's brand in the foodservice channel through a tie-up that will bring two varieties of gluten-free pizza to Pizza Hut outlets throughout the US...
Sugar stays in spotlight 5 Jan 15
Sugar consumption has again been placed in the spotlight in the UK as Public Health England kicks off a new campaign that aims to get parents to reduce the amount children consume...
just-food closed for the holidays 23 Dec 14
just-food's editorial team will be taking a well-earned festive break over Christmas. Our office will be closed from 24 December to 2 January...
Barilla eyeing 3D printing 23 Dec 14
Pasta maker Barilla has joined the likes of Hershey in investigating the uses of 3D printing in the food sector...
The Aldersgate Group - an alliance of big business, NGOs and civil society pushing for a "sustainable economy" - has set out a new campaign calling for the introduction of a fiscal policy that tackles rising inequality in the UK, as well as issues such as resource pressures...
2 Sisters Food Group announced a new "multi million" pound bio-refinery deal with renewable energy experts H2 Energy this week. The plan is set to "transform the energy requirements" at 2 Sisters, the company said...
Synlait managing 2015 expectations 2 Dec 14
Amid some pretty bullish statements on the company's performance to date, New Zealand infant formula group Synlait sneaked in a pretty timid 2015 outlook at its annual shareholders meeting...
PepsiCo's Dewitos: A bridge too far? 11 Nov 14
PepsiCo has continued to develop its strategy of trying to benefit from linking its Mountain Dew and Doritos brands. This time by combining the two. Literally...
The UK's Serious Fraud Office has launched an investigation into the GBP263m (US$424.6m) black hole in Tesco's accounts, the retailer confirmed today (29 October)...
Tesco profits plunge, chairman departs 24 Oct 14
Tesco has reported a massive 92% drop in first half profits as the accounting fiasco continues to widen...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Monde Nissin "to acquire Menora"
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019