BRIEFING: Bright future ahead for Indian food processing industry
March / April 2010 management briefing
“India can emerge as a leader in the global food processing industry,” said Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in December 2009 while addressing a conference of food processing ministers of different Indian states in New Delhi. With 4.1% food consumption growth (2009), the country continues to offer a growing opportunity for international food processing companies. This latest briefing reviews the food processing industry by sector in the country.
Sectors: World foods
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- UPDATE: Cutrale, Safra slam Chiquita rejection
- Aunt Jemima lawsuit "without merit", says PepsiCo