BRIEFING: Bright future ahead for Indian food processing industry
March / April 2010 management briefing
“India can emerge as a leader in the global food processing industry,” said Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in December 2009 while addressing a conference of food processing ministers of different Indian states in New Delhi. With 4.1% food consumption growth (2009), the country continues to offer a growing opportunity for international food processing companies. This latest briefing reviews the food processing industry by sector in the country.
Sectors: World foods
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Fonterra warns on geopolitical unrest, oversupply
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez China
- Arla CFO Lotz to exit