Confectionery: Chocolate and the scrutiny on sugar
Sugar is under the spotlight, with academics and NGOs emphasising what they see as its central role in growing obesity. Such views are gaining more mainstream media attention, which has profound implications for the food industry and, in particular, for the chocolate sector. However, what are the prospects for low-sugar chocolate? Jonathan Thomas investigates.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour