Japan and growth: How Japan showing signs of economic recovery
After decades of stagnation, Japan's economy appears to be stirring. This week, Japan reported a slump in its GDP in the second quarter of the year. However, a hike in sales tax hit consumption and economists believe Japan's recovery will resume in the back half of 2014, with the jobs market improving. However, demographic and cultural shifts could have significant implications on consumption for the food sector. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Deal or no deal: Frozen sale makes sense for Kerry
- On the money: How Greencore is outperforming
- Comment: Mondelez digital strategy suffers blow
- Shopper trends: Promos can mean higher prices
- Transformed Post confident about prospects
- Kerry puts frozen food unit on block - reports
- Coca-Cola eyes long-term rewards with dairy push
- Post issues warning over US cereal sector sales
- UPDATE: Greencore eyes US$1bn US business
- Danone "mulls Yakult stake sale"