Japan and growth: How Japan showing signs of economic recovery
After decades of stagnation, Japan's economy appears to be stirring. This week, Japan reported a slump in its GDP in the second quarter of the year. However, a hike in sales tax hit consumption and economists believe Japan's recovery will resume in the back half of 2014, with the jobs market improving. However, demographic and cultural shifts could have significant implications on consumption for the food sector. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO