just-food's 2014 outlook: M&A activity, valuations on upward journey
Last year surprised commentators with the relatively subdued levels of M&A in the food sector. While 2013 did include the largest ever food industry deal by value - the move to take Heinz private - the number of transactions completed came in somewhat below the expectations of M&A advisers. 2014, we are told, is likely to be a different story as deals work their way through the sector's pipelines and valuations continue their upward march. Katy Askew reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw