The rise of Vietnam: Opportunity knocks despite recent wobbles
Rising incomes, a relatively young population and a growing urbanisation have meant Vietnam has been held up as one of the next wave of emerging markets, beyond the BRICs. However, growth has slowed and a recent dispute with China has knocked investor confidence. Nevertheless, industry analysts believe Vietnam still offers plenty of opportunities for food companies. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- UPDATE: Cutrale, Safra slam Chiquita rejection