The rise of Vietnam: Opportunity knocks despite recent wobbles
Rising incomes, a relatively young population and a growing urbanisation have meant Vietnam has been held up as one of the next wave of emerging markets, beyond the BRICs. However, growth has slowed and a recent dispute with China has knocked investor confidence. Nevertheless, industry analysts believe Vietnam still offers plenty of opportunities for food companies. Dean Best reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 174-page eBook ‘Food For Thought’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs