The just-food management briefing - M&A in 2010 - a timeline, part II
As we headed into September, there was uncertainty about the prospects for M&A activity, with analysts at KPMG suggesting the value of deals in the food, drink and consumer goods space in the second quarter stood at just under US$19bn - down from the $49bn of deals recorded in the first three months of the year. However, the last months of 2010 saw a number of key pieces of M&A - notably the merger of Greencore and Northern Foods - and deals signed to see PepsiCo buy Wimm-Bill-Dann and a private-equity consortium by Del Monte Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report