The just-food management briefing - M&A in 2010 - a timeline, part II
As we headed into September, there was uncertainty about the prospects for M&A activity, with analysts at KPMG suggesting the value of deals in the food, drink and consumer goods space in the second quarter stood at just under US$19bn - down from the $49bn of deals recorded in the first three months of the year. However, the last months of 2010 saw a number of key pieces of M&A - notably the merger of Greencore and Northern Foods - and deals signed to see PepsiCo buy Wimm-Bill-Dann and a private-equity consortium by Del Monte Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- How Windsor buy is part of Ajinomoto's global push
- Dairy in India: No quick win for multinationals
- Dairy in India: How to win over Indian consumers
- Focus: Fonterra's bid to weather dairy volatility
- Interview: Peter Meek, MD of Chobani Australia
- Nestle forms new unit to "leverage scale"
- Nestle sells baby food brands Alete, Milasan
- General Mills to slash up to 800 more jobs
- Kerry, Premier team up on frozen NPD in UK
- PepsiCo eyes Middle East growth with R&D centre