The just-food management briefing - M&A in 2010 - a timeline, part II
As we headed into September, there was uncertainty about the prospects for M&A activity, with analysts at KPMG suggesting the value of deals in the food, drink and consumer goods space in the second quarter stood at just under US$19bn - down from the $49bn of deals recorded in the first three months of the year. However, the last months of 2010 saw a number of key pieces of M&A - notably the merger of Greencore and Northern Foods - and deals signed to see PepsiCo buy Wimm-Bill-Dann and a private-equity consortium by Del Monte Foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm