The most-read news articles on just-food in 2011
As well as our raft of insight articles, just-food continued to provide all the breaking news throughout the food industry in 2011. Below are the ten articles that had you clicking the most throughout the year.
US: Wal-Mart unveils major health initiative
Wal-Mart Stores has announced plans to reformulate thousands of its packaged food products including slashing sodium by 25% and cutting sugars by 10% by 2015.
FRANCE: Nestle recalls baby food over broken glass scare
Nestle has recalled bottles of its P'tit Pot baby food range in France due to a possible broken glass risk.
US: 18 dead in cantaloupe listeria outbreak
The number of people killed in the US by an outbreak of listeria caused by contaminated cantaloupes has risen to 18, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
GLOBAL: Kraft split to create global snacks business
Kraft Foods is to split into two companies, a move that will create a global snacks maker that would sell brands including Oreo biscuits and Cadbury chocolate.
CAGE: Unilever CEO Polman looks to "optimise" spreads unit
Unilever CEO Paul Polman has revealed that the Flora and Becel maker will look to run its spreads business with "30% less people" as the Anglo-Dutch conglomerate looks to make the unit more efficient.
Europe's E. coli outbreak - as it happens
Europe's E. coli outbreak, one of the largest the world has seen, has killed dozens and sickened thousands. The continent's fresh produce sector has been hit hard, with mis-information hitting consumer demand and sales. just-food has followed the major developments in the crisis.
UK: Sainsbury's boss King issues warning to suppliers
The chief executive of UK grocer Sainsbury's said today (12 January) that suppliers would have to "work very hard" to justify price increases as commodity costs continue to rise.
GLOBAL: Most firms do not measure social media ROI - survey
Over half of executives in the food and drink industries do not measure the return on investment (ROI) they get their use of social media, according to a just-food survey.
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Commodities & ingredients, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Emerging markets, Food safety, Fresh produce, Frozen, Health & wellness, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Mergers & acquisitions, Multichannel, Natural & organic, NPD & innovation, Private label, Retail, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
The top stories on just-food this week had a distinctly French flavour. Danone issued a profit warning, with Spain's problems affecting the Activia maker. Meanwhile, French retail giant Carrefour's ne...
Unilever executive Claudio Colzani is to become CEO of Barilla, the Italian food group....
Nestle is to launch a range of "smaller treats" across four of its confectionery brands in the UK....
Symington's has acquired fellow UK baking business Victoria Foods, a company that supplies products under licence for Nestle and Weight Watchers....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report