Packaged food in Thailand - a market profile
just-food takes a detailed look at the dynamics of the packaged food sector in Thailand.
As the Thai economy shifts away from being agricultural- to more skilled-based, as well as industry-and-commerce-focused, many consumers are gaining knowledge of the nutritional value and the health benefits of certain products and ingredients. Meanwhile, Thailand’s population is ageing, which also looks set to drive demand for improved health through food. Jens Kastner surveys the development of the country's healthier food segments and looks at what could lie ahead.
The online channel is expanding in south-east Asia and Thailand is at the vanguard of that development. Michael Tatarski analyses how the online space is growing in Thailand.
After a period in the economic doldrums, Thailand looks set to be a potential opportunity for domestic and international food manufacturers marketing premium wares. Poorna Rodrigo surveys what is driving demand for premium products in south-east Asia's second-largest economy.
The growing urban lifestyle of Thai consumers has been driving demand for packaged convenient food. Convenience stores are gaining in importance for Thais amid the urbanisation of the country and look set to remain a key channel for manufacturers to target. Jens Kastner looks at the growing demand for convenience in the south-east Asian country.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch