The just-food briefing - logistics
A stagnant economy, retailers opening more and different types of stores and the environment: food manufacturers and their logistics partners have a lot consider when thinking about to get food from A to B.
This month's just-food management briefing looks at logistics in the food industry. Part one considers the impact of a climate of low economic growth and high operating costs on food groups' and retailers' supply chains. Are these difficult market conditions stimulating the emergence of new ways of organising food logistics ?
Logistics companies, far from being simple hauliers, have adapted to meet the increasingly complicated and specialised needs of customers in the food manufacture and retail spheres, such as tracking and traceability and flexible volumes. In the second part of his feature on logistics, Stuart Todd gains insight from major logistics providers about this fascinating industry.
High petrol prices and the increasing importance of sustainability has prompted the food industry to try out new - and often innovative - methods of transporting their wares to customers, as well as search for ways to enhance their existing logistical operations. Stuart Todd takes a look at the schemes food manufacturers and retailers have adopted to reduce both their carbon footprint and transport costs.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights