The just-food briefing - nutritional labelling
What to put on front-of-pack nutrition labels has become a matter of fierce contention in many markets around the world. This management briefing looks at the debate between industry, government and campaigners in two key markets - the US and Australia.
Front-of-pack nutritional labelling has been extensively debated across a number of countries in recent years. This management briefing looks at the ongoing debate on this issue in the US and Australia, examining both industry and public health perspectives.
With Facts Up Front, US food manufacturers have looked to take the initiative of the kind of nutrition labels that should be used on the front of packs. However, at the same time, Congress commissioned academic research into what labels should be devised by the Food and Drug Administration. As Ben Cooper writes, the US food industry is now waiting for the FDA's verdict.
Moves in Australia and New Zealand to agree on the type of front-of-pack nutrition labels have yet to come to a conclusion and demonstrate the divisive nature of the issue. In part three of just-food's management briefing on nutritional labelling, Ben Cooper outlines the debate Down Under.
Front-of-pack labels are a matter of contention between industry and campaigners in markets across the world. In the final section of the management briefing on nutrition labels, Ben Cooper looks at a key point of the debate - whether or not a label should interpret nutritional value for consumers in the form of a symbol or a colour.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom