The just-food briefing - nutritional labelling
What to put on front-of-pack nutrition labels has become a matter of fierce contention in many markets around the world. This management briefing looks at the debate between industry, government and campaigners in two key markets - the US and Australia.
Front-of-pack nutritional labelling has been extensively debated across a number of countries in recent years. This management briefing looks at the ongoing debate on this issue in the US and Australia, examining both industry and public health perspectives.
With Facts Up Front, US food manufacturers have looked to take the initiative of the kind of nutrition labels that should be used on the front of packs. However, at the same time, Congress commissioned academic research into what labels should be devised by the Food and Drug Administration. As Ben Cooper writes, the US food industry is now waiting for the FDA's verdict.
Moves in Australia and New Zealand to agree on the type of front-of-pack nutrition labels have yet to come to a conclusion and demonstrate the divisive nature of the issue. In part three of just-food's management briefing on nutritional labelling, Ben Cooper outlines the debate Down Under.
Front-of-pack labels are a matter of contention between industry and campaigners in markets across the world. In the final section of the management briefing on nutrition labels, Ben Cooper looks at a key point of the debate - whether or not a label should interpret nutritional value for consumers in the form of a symbol or a colour.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights