The just-food briefing - self-service technology in retail
Retailers around the world are using self-service technology in their stores - some with success, others less so. Glynn Davis looks at the different models, examines why some retailers are changing what they use and discusses where the technology could go next.
This month's just-food management briefing looks at the use of self-service technology in food retail outlets around the world. In part one, Glynn Davis outlines the different concepts in place in stores.
In part two of this month's just-food management briefing, Glynn Davis looks at the success - or otherwise - that retailers have had with self-service technology and considers where the sector could go next.
In the third part of just-food's briefing on self-service in retail, Glynn Davis looks at two of the key trends driving innovation in the sector - the need to cater for weekly shopping and the rise of mobile phone technology.
- How City reacted to Tesco's profit over-statement
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Viewpoint: Baptism of fire for new Tesco CEO Lewis
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top tweets
- United Biscuits attracts bids of over GBP2bn
- Arla: New Vigor deal to boost our Brazil presence
- Jobs to go at United Biscuits UK site
- General Mills plans to close two US plants
- Arla takes stake in Brazilian dairy group Vigor
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- China - ISA Country Report
- Global Food and Grocery Retailing, 2013-2018: Market Dynamics, Retail Trends and Competitive Landscape
- Ice Cream Market in Papua New Guinea: Databook to 2017
- Innovation Strategies: New techniques and best practice case studies in Food, Drink, and Personal Care