The just-food briefing - self-service technology in retail
Retailers around the world are using self-service technology in their stores - some with success, others less so. Glynn Davis looks at the different models, examines why some retailers are changing what they use and discusses where the technology could go next.
This month's just-food management briefing looks at the use of self-service technology in food retail outlets around the world. In part one, Glynn Davis outlines the different concepts in place in stores.
In part two of this month's just-food management briefing, Glynn Davis looks at the success - or otherwise - that retailers have had with self-service technology and considers where the sector could go next.
In the third part of just-food's briefing on self-service in retail, Glynn Davis looks at two of the key trends driving innovation in the sector - the need to cater for weekly shopping and the rise of mobile phone technology.
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- What the analysts say: Nestle's Q1
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Arla to launch protein dairy drink in UK
- Pork Farms' Kerry pastry deal nears green light
- McCormick to move roles to Poland
- UPDATE: Iglo Foods sold to Nomad for EUR2.6bn
- ABF grocery profits up but pressure on bread