The just-food briefing - social media and the food industry
Social media is playing an increasing role in the marketing strategies of food manufacturers around the world. The latest just-food management briefing outlines the social media landscape and looks at how it is effecting how companies are marketing their brands.
This month's just-food management briefing for subscribers looks at the use of social media by the food industry. Part one outlines the social media landscape, including the leading websites. Jonathan Thomas reports.
The second part of this month's just-food briefing on social media looks at how business as a whole is using websites like Facebook and Twitter - and how social media is playing a role in driving the growth of online advertising worldwide.
In the third part of this month's just-food management briefing, Jonathan Thomas looks at how two multinationals - PepsiCo and Unilever - have tried to use social media to connect with consumers.
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy