The just-food briefing - the challenge of online food retail
Consumers are increasingly shopping online but developing a successful operating model has proven tough - even for the largest retailers. In this month's just-food management briefing, Glynn Davis analyses the more successful ventures and looks at how the channel could develop.
This month's exclusive just-food management briefing looks at online food retail, a growing sector but one that operators have found a tough nut to crack. In part one, Glynn Davis argues that the cost of running an online service has stymied a number of ventures and will be a key factor in determining where the channel flourishes.
The fourth and final part of just-food's briefing on online food retail looks at the impact that mobile commerce is having on the sector. As Glynn Davis argues, shopping via a consumer's handset will only grow in popularity will be a significant factor in the sector's development.
In part three of the just-food management briefing on online food retail, Glynn Davis provides examples of some of the more notable ventures in the sector – from Tesco and Ocado in the UK to Migros Group in Switzerland and FreshDirect in the US.
In part two of this month's briefing on online food retail, Glynn Davis outlines the key operating models used by the main operators. Industry watchers believe retailers are moving away from using pickers in stores to allowing consumers to order online and collect either at their outlets or at specific warehouses.
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom