The just-food management briefing - Food trends 2011
While the economic downturn has had a relatively minimal impact on packaged food sales, continued economic anxiety means that future growth prospects are far from guaranteed. However, some categories within the food industry have benefited and look set to continue to do so. This management briefing explores the trends set to impact the sector in 2011.
While the recent global economic downturn had a comparatively minimal impact on packaged food sales, continued economic anxiety and the spectre of public spending cuts across much of Europe mean that the future growth prospects are far from guaranteed.
Retail volume expectations for sweet and savoury snacks should be fairly constrained in the event of a weaker economic recovery, mainly because increasing employment levels, particularly in emerging markets in Latin America and Asia Pacific, tend to drive the expansion of a truly global snacking culture.
Health and wellness (HW) has been one of the biggest drivers of packaged food innovation and sales in recent years and continues to dominate industry discourse, as well as general strategic direction.
Fairtrade and organic food items have already demonstrated that, if marketed properly, they can thrive in challenging economic conditions.
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis